Father Hears Smoke Detector, Gets Daughter Out of Burning Home

Posted at 4:51 AM, Nov 30, 2012
and last updated 2012-11-30 04:51:23-05


A man was able to get his young daughter out of their home early Friday morning, after a smoke detector went off, alerting him to a fire.

It happened on English Ave NE in Kent County’s Plainfield Township.  Investigators say the fire started in a wood stove chimney, and spread to the attic.  A father inside the home woke up when he heard the smoke detector.  He got his daughter out safely.

Crews were able to get the flames under control before the flames spread to the rest of the house.  Nobody was injured.